Most of us always have a health goal or two in mind. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle, clear up your skin, or something entirely different, it’s completely human to always be working toward something.
You might not always meet your goals as quickly as you want to, and that can be frustrating. You may feel like you’ve tried every recommendation there is and nothing seems to be helping.
So, then what?
We asked weight loss health coach and digestive health expert Kristen Jakobitz for the steps…
Beating yourself up gets you nowhere, so let’s take that off the table first. Plus, it takes a lot of energy that you could be using toward reaching your goals. By showing yourself love no matter what’s going on in your life, you can move forward and make positive change much more easily.
After you flex your self-love muscles and master that skill, there are practical steps you can take to make sure you actually meet your health goals.
Kristen Jakobitz is a holistic health coach that specializes in just this! Her mission is creating happy, healthy lives in a way that is fun, flexible, and full of deliciously healthy food. We got her help in creating a 5-step guide for you to follow so that you can make your health and fitness goals a reality – in a healthy and efficient way.
1. Get to the source of whatever is blocking you from your goals. Is your job or relationship stressful, causing you to overeat and skip exercise because you’re too exhausted? Do you need to shift your mindset? Those are just a couple examples. I invite you to explore what’s holding you back on a holistic level and remove the blockers.
2. Paint an “after” picture. Envision how your life will be after you reach your goals. Get specific and imagine how you’ll feel and look, how your work and relationships might change, and how reaching your goals will affect every other area of your life. Get connected to the positive end result and you’ll be more likely to stick with your plan.
3. Write down your goals and keep them in a visible place. Whether you tape them to your bedroom mirror or stick them on your door so you always see them on your way out, put them in the place you’ll personally see them most often. They’ll remind you of the vision you have for yourself, increasing the chances you’ll take the daily action steps needed to reach your goals.
4. Build your support system. Share your intentions with family and friends. Cheer each other on and hold each other accountable. Share your painted picture from step #3 so they can get on board with your intentions. If you want to go to the gym more often, have a friend call you two or three times a week to check in with you, or work out together. If you want additional accountability, consider hiring a health coach like Kristen Jakobitz. She works with her clients to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun, and rewarding for them. To learn more about Kristen’s approach to health coaching click here.
5. Reward yourself often. If your intention is to lose weight and you lose a few pounds, pamper yourself with a massage or hot bath.
The best way to meet your health goals is to take consistent small steps. Big changes need to be sustainable. By integrating new behaviors slowly, you’ll truly be living your vision instead of just thinking about it or forcing yourself to follow a diet or exercise plan for two weeks and feeling miserable in the process.
Your healthy actions will become second nature and a big part of who you are. Allow yourself to climb the ladder one rung at a time. And if you are looking for additional support, or if you are curious if health coaching is the next best step for you, contact Kristen Jakobitz and she will happily answer all your questions.
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Join Kristen Jakobitz Health Coaching for the upcoming 7-Day Healthy Habits Challenge to kick-start your health and fitness goals! >>CLICK HERE<< to sign up now, and get instant access to the exclusive Facebook support group too.
The challenge begins on Monday, July 9th!
During this FREE challenge, you’ll discover:
- The 7 critical strategies that are the KEY to finally achieving your health and fitness goals
- How to easily incorporate simple habits and food choices that will help you live a healthier lifestyle… without adding more time-consuming tasks or unnecessary stress to your life.
- Tons of FUN, guidance, and support
- Easy-to-follow, sustainable advice and practical tips that empower you to reclaim your slimmer, sexier body… without more dieting.
Heidi Moretti, MS, RD is The Healthy RD. A registered dietitian for 20 years, has a passion for functional nutrition and natural medicine. Has researched supplements and plants as medicine throughout her career. Loves helping people gain function and vitality by tackling root causes of illness.