How are you taking care of yourself this week?
Pause for a moment.
Sometimes, rather than pressing forward with more information, tasks, and facts, taking a moment to calm the mind and nourish the soul is the best thing for health.
This is true for me.
A Time For Reflection
We can’t be healthy and whole beings without also considering the big picture:
- Nurturing the need for self-love
- Taking time to be
Wisdom comes from nurturing ourselves and setting limits for our own good.
What sort of limits can we set to be well?
It may actually mean skipping the gym tonight and instead sitting down to dinner with a friend.
Perhaps we mindfully and intentionally keep our kids home from that sporting event they have every night and watch a movie together. They need to slow down too.
Clear your schedule for 2 hours for you. It doesn’t cost money and it is so valuable to be well.
Our stress response is one of the biggest risk factors for almost every health issue out there.
How do we succeed while nurturing ourselves?
How Do I Succeed This Week? Success is a measure of this:
Did I learn something from doing this? Did it help me feel more whole? If we can answer success with that question, our goals have been met.
Take some time to learn about your own subconscious this week.
If you don’t know how to do this, simply relax, close your eyes, and relax your body. Then shift your mental images to positive pictures. See how quickly this can make you feel better.
What will nurture this week?
Here is a list of things that nurture and promote wellness. Try at least 3 per day for optimal health.
- Drawing from other’s positive attitude and energy
- Enjoying the sense of community that is around me
- Finding joy in simple tasks, even if it is singing while doing laundry
- Telling that joke one more time to get a laugh
- Keeping a mental image of my children’s smiles always with me
- Giving my body whole foods. And having full enjoyment from food even if it is not “wholesome”
- Revel in the mystery of nature and all its wonders
- Enjoy some moments with my pets
- Take a hot bath.
- Get a shoulder massage with my favorite essential oils
- De-stress by reading
- Cooking simple meals
- Using my favorite aromatherapy
- Taking stressful things in my mind and reframing my thoughts about them into positive thoughts.
- Have one more cup of tea because it slows me down
Taking stress away calms down the flight or fight response in the body and it even calms down histamine release. We heal by unplugging and simply enjoying.
These things won’t cost money, but they are all priceless. I hope you all have a wonderful week full of nurturing.
Find moments of calm without a list.
You have many ways to be whole and nurtured.
Send comments my way about how you are taking care of yourself.